Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Hooks and preys.
I am sitting here, near the river
with sufferings of mosquito bites
with hooks, tiny ropes, and preys for fish
To have a catch of live fish.
I Know it is a fraudulent way
To cheat the fish with suitable preys
To be hooked, and caught in live
For a days entertainment the live fish.
I don't care about its gender
It may be feminine, masculine, or gay
I want it for my own dishes
Still in my mind I know it is cheating.
Against the principle of justice.
After all the world is moving that direction
Somewhere in the news, every day the preys
succumbs in its injuries made by a criminal
Who seldom interested the plight of his prey.
Show concern and sympathy and respects
To the victims of criminal acts of violence.
Where dignity of a human being is in danger
Just like the hooked fishes of water we read.
Topic of this poem: friendship
Gangadharan nair Pulingat..'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hooks and preys. by Gangadharan nair Pulingat.. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Federico García Lorca
(5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bleeding, May Swenson
- Men, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Bells, Edgar Allan Poe
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Her Yes, Suresh Dogra
- Schools place of transformation., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I love the poet for ever, gajanan mishra
- A Shameless Thief, Chris Zachariou
- Our Last Meeting, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A Lie, Leong Ming Loong
- Should I forget?, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- thoughts of you, Dorsey Baker
- Our call, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Khoon Aloodah, Akhtar Jawad