There is a hormone that can make you happy,
and a next one that can turn you sad.
These potions running open in my veins,
framing my destiny to be good or bad.
For every of my emotions,
a specific hormone can be deduced.
A hormone that can baffle me,
a hormone that has left me amused.
These hormones with their reactions and transactions,
Creating a sort of chemical game.
And my philosophical pursuit might be a mere chemistry,
among these hydrocarbons that I can never escape.
Today some hormones that have over spilled,
has left me to pathetically realize,
If I am a man with a free will,
or a chemical product, spiritually disguised.
Oh my readers don’t blame me,
For composing a poetry this rude,
For you might now know the real culprit,
The hormonal rush inside the hood.
Bijay Poudel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hormones by Bijay Poudel )
- Those Living Deluded, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Integrity Practiced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- My Grandparents' Trailer Home, Robert Rorabeck
- A Warriors Song of Remembrance., Kaila George
- Title Is A Title, Tyrone Gayle
- Love Them With Time, John Masaitis
- Vice Versa, Sana Olivia Hernandez
- Trippin, John Masaitis
- LAst goodbye, Barbara Dixion
- Letterescence, Jole Hans