Hamza Al Saieedy
Oh, how dull poetry could be? !
Mere one more line and I’ll be free!
Depart your life and fly with me..
It’s save to sing with words that rime,
Straight to the point and less in time!
Yet; the cause in me had the prime!
Oh! where is the reason gone? where?
Corruption is what I call dare,
Acts as I want and acts as fair!
With the true moment I belong.
It moves my soul and plays my song!
Might let me down or makes me strong!
A sense of sadness owned my night!
Might Zoned by greed; yet I will fight!
To the dawn’s bright, To the sun’s light!
Ah! ? Shall I live to be understood?
Spare me the talk of bad and good,
Lived as the free, Lived as I should!
Here we live in the house of name,
Good to be called or bad with shame!
Alive as dead! it’s all the same!
Though it fells my heart with sorrow
The same sun will rise tomorrow!
Shining through the curtain’s hollow
But the days will move on and on..
Until days you'll be left alone!
Out of music and less in tone
Oh poetry! Should I blame you?
you made my life as fast as due,
Poetry is dull! to be true!
Poetry told me how to love!
Showed me that life is roads we shove!
Told me the mean of bat and dove!
Poetry is here when I fall,
Poetry is my heart and soul,
Poetry isn’t dull after all? !
I shan’t act as I wish or may!
In the difference of night and day,
“Dull” isn’t the right of me to say!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How Dull by Hamza Al Saieedy )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka