How I Longed To See You
I have waited for so long,
Hoping that I would see your smile,
Hoping that I would feel your touch,
I have waited so long, busy hoping and wishing,
Dreaming and thinking of you.
Every time I would look outside the window,
Hoping that I would see you coming,
Hoping I would see you knocking,
I have waited and it has been a long time now.
In rainy days I would stand outside, cold as it is,
Hoping you would fall from the sky,
Hoping you would come running in the rain,
Hoping all those things with a broken heart.
When the sun was blazing, I would sit outside,
Listen to the birds sing,
Watch flowers bloom,
And thought I would see you coming,
And it all was nothing else but just a thought.
It seems as though I am left only with the memory of your face,
Still hoping to see you, touch you, hold you, feel you just like before,
This is how much I have waited for you,
How I have longed to see you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How I Longed To See You by khanyisile mtshali )
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson
- An Indian English Poet, His Father Was N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- On The Way Down, Shalom Freedman
- Beyond Beautiful, greg paul
- Winterchill, Richard Provencher
- Jungle of the English Language, Ken e Hall
- I was Dreaming, Oduro Bright Amoh