How I Spend My Spare Time
I sat down today to write a rhyme,
But I didn't have quite enough time.
So, I thought I would play a game
There's a new one - I can't recall the name.
I get addicted so easily to this stuff,
First, cryptograms, Sudoku, and it's all so tough.
Now the new one from Parade magazine
Called Numbrix, it is really keen.
I have to do this to keep my brain functioning
I don't want to spend all my time munchening.
Then I'd have to go on some fancy diet,
But everyone says you might like it if you try it.
So my willpower goes down the drain
And my stomach says, you must be insane,
Instead of eatingk, you should be writing,
But what I wrote is not very exciting.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How I Spend My Spare Time by Esther Sakakini )
- Magnificent Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Clock Is Ticking, Kyle Schlicher
- Mystery, Naveed Khalid
- Silently Tiptoeing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Man What Is He?, Joseph Skipsey
- Climbing Stairs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Today I Thought About You, Kyle Schlicher
- المسير الطويل, مالك حداد
- To Be Inside You, Kyle Schlicher
- You, Colin Ian Jeffery
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)