How I Spend My Spare Time
I sat down today to write a rhyme,
But I didn't have quite enough time.
So, I thought I would play a game
There's a new one - I can't recall the name.
I get addicted so easily to this stuff,
First, cryptograms, Sudoku, and it's all so tough.
Now the new one from Parade magazine
Called Numbrix, it is really keen.
I have to do this to keep my brain functioning
I don't want to spend all my time munchening.
Then I'd have to go on some fancy diet,
But everyone says you might like it if you try it.
So my willpower goes down the drain
And my stomach says, you must be insane,
Instead of eatingk, you should be writing,
But what I wrote is not very exciting.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How I Spend My Spare Time by Esther Sakakini )
- Beautiful valleys, David Boyce
- Dust Devils, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Threat To My Love, Claude Simpson
- Core Of Mistrust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Motive Is The Focus, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- macarana, Cee Bea
- Gathering Poetry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Casting Out My Worries To You, Monterio Hill
- The Initiation, Echezonachukwu Nduka
- Circular Cycle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1886 - 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)