How Many Non- Beautiful Poems Must Be Written
How many non-beautiful poems must be written
Before one beautiful poem can emerge?
How many longings for love must a person know
Before their one true love comes?
How many times must one love one’s true love
Before one can never bear to be again without that Ecstasy?
How many times must one sense that Ecstasy gone
Before one knows that she is forever lost?
How many pleading meaningless words must be spoken to return her
Before one knows that she has forever gone?
How many words must be written
Before there is one true poem?
And how many poems must be said to one’s love
Before she listens and denies and goes far away to her own poem
Only she and not the one who has loved her with all his soul
Will ever know and be at home with?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Many Non- Beautiful Poems Must Be Written by Shalom Freedman )
Did you read them?
- God's Kind Of Poetry, Brian Johnston
- earthenware are you?, Mandolyn ...
- light bulbs flicker for a reason, Mandolyn ...
- Through A Puppet's Eyes, Dilantha Gunawardana
- soon., Mandolyn ...
- Dragon King Daughter, Tim caffery
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Dream Keeper, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)