How Many Non- Beautiful Poems Must Be Written
How many non-beautiful poems must be written
Before one beautiful poem can emerge?
How many longings for love must a person know
Before their one true love comes?
How many times must one love one’s true love
Before one can never bear to be again without that Ecstasy?
How many times must one sense that Ecstasy gone
Before one knows that she is forever lost?
How many pleading meaningless words must be spoken to return her
Before one knows that she has forever gone?
How many words must be written
Before there is one true poem?
And how many poems must be said to one’s love
Before she listens and denies and goes far away to her own poem
Only she and not the one who has loved her with all his soul
Will ever know and be at home with?
Shalom Freedman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Many Non- Beautiful Poems Must Be Written by Shalom Freedman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram