How To Skip The Next Test..?
This is my story,
This is my routine before my exams..! ! !
I hate exams,
in all my tasks...
When ever a teacher announces
oh, my heart beat will halt,
my whole body will bend-
all with fear and fever...
'well a holiday tomorrow'
I will announce myself-
now and again...
But even if it didn't
I would have to believe
To skip my tests
I will walk through the park
I will stand under the tress and
Let the greenish petals fall onto my hair
To find an idea to skip my tests,
I will stand there-
with my whole heart thinking...
Then i wish
Whether i could vanish
in the dust,
out in this ground...
Then i hope to be anywhere
be on the road
be somewhere new and interesting
no way near my books..! ! !
To skip my tests,
I will do all I can,
Fever, head ache and stomach upset
But my mom know me better..! ! !
just hours before the exams,
i will start my studies
when i learn something
i used to feel
A early start could have resulted in a
when everybody is deep in sleep
slowly, with calm,
clinging to the earth
melting into the dust
into the night's snow
i will leave my books to the
world of dreams..! ! !
A EXAM ahead
Oh, it will be a mystery
If i get through
Oh, it will be a misery
If i go out
after every exam i will surely decide,
'HOW TO SKIP THE NEXT TEST? ''
ANANDA GOPAN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How To Skip The Next Test..? by ANANDA GOPAN )
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
- Last Words Played, michael walkerjohn
- Death is certain, hasmukh amathalal
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley