How To Skip The Next Test..?
This is my story,
This is my routine before my exams..! ! !
I hate exams,
in all my tasks...
When ever a teacher announces
oh, my heart beat will halt,
my whole body will bend-
all with fear and fever...
'well a holiday tomorrow'
I will announce myself-
now and again...
But even if it didn't
I would have to believe
To skip my tests
I will walk through the park
I will stand under the tress and
Let the greenish petals fall onto my hair
To find an idea to skip my tests,
I will stand there-
with my whole heart thinking...
Then i wish
Whether i could vanish
in the dust,
out in this ground...
Then i hope to be anywhere
be on the road
be somewhere new and interesting
no way near my books..! ! !
To skip my tests,
I will do all I can,
Fever, head ache and stomach upset
But my mom know me better..! ! !
just hours before the exams,
i will start my studies
when i learn something
i used to feel
A early start could have resulted in a
when everybody is deep in sleep
slowly, with calm,
clinging to the earth
melting into the dust
into the night's snow
i will leave my books to the
world of dreams..! ! !
A EXAM ahead
Oh, it will be a mystery
If i get through
Oh, it will be a misery
If i go out
after every exam i will surely decide,
'HOW TO SKIP THE NEXT TEST? ''
ANANDA GOPAN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How To Skip The Next Test..? by ANANDA GOPAN )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Harold Hart Crane
(21 July 1899 – 27 April 1932)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(25 November 1890 – 1 April 1918)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
(1886 - 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Ranga Duniya ne Dkhaya hai Nirala, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Television, Roald Dahl
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR