Humayun To Zobeida (From the Urdu)
You flaunt your beauty in the rose, your glory in the dawn,
Your sweetness in the nightingale, your white- ness in the swan.
You haunt my waking like a dream, my slumber like a moon,
Pervade me like a musky scent, possess me like a tune.
Yet, when I crave of you, my sweet, one tender moment's grace,
You cry, "I sit behind the veil, I cannot show my face."
Shall any foolish veil divide my longing from my bliss?
Shall any fragile curtain hide your beauty from my kiss?
What war is this of Thee and Me? Give o'er the wanton strife,
You are the heart within my heart, the life within my life.
Sarojini Naidu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humayun To Zobeida (From the Urdu) by Sarojini Naidu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- RAINBOW, RAJNI CHHABRA
- Deep and sank, hasmukh amathalal
- Odia Poem- SAMAYA, Jitendra seth
- आंनि लोगोफ्रा आंनि खोथाखौ बुजिया, Ronjoy Brahma
- Peace in the air, Vidura Prabhath
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland