I can still hear the humming birds
That filled my youthful years with laughter
Even when confined in the belly of flesh,
Tunes from the humming birds
Brought me bliss.
With all the complexities of life:
Highs and lows,
Fear and tears,
Their melodies give me hope;
Even in a world fixed on killing.
Inspire me to move from life to life
Like you move from tree to tree,
Not counting blistered years;
Give me a song accompanied
By morning dew-drops
In my golden days.
Let me muse on your wonder
As I write these liturgies of redemption:
The babies' milk for tomorrow.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humming Birds by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Digital Creationism, Brian Johnston
- THE DOORS THAT WOULD NOT OPEN, NADYA AWADH
- Great Creative Genius, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- सिमांङावसो गले गले, Ronjoy Brahma
- Highway Snippets: Of Rainbows & Ruins, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- For Life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Mind Flying, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Broken Relationship, eseck ezeh
- Final Test, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- $25 from POEM HUNTER, Richard Thripp