Windsor Guadalupe Jr
Hummingbird, I Am A..
Perch atop a windmill kick,
You jovial hummingbird.
Hummingbird swift as a gruesome lance,
Hummingbird quipped like a dirty lie.
Hummingbird, give me a chance,
Hummingbird, you are a reason to vie.
Guffaw below the Sunlight’s trick.
You dismal hummingbird.
Hummingbird of chance,
Hummingbird agile, like a brown, lucid avalanche.
Hummingbird drips like a resilient murky tributary.
Hummingbird, spare me an incendiary prose.
Hummingbird, care to give me a limerick? A rose?
Hummingbird, I will introduce myself
I’ve arrived without a moniker
Nor a sobriquet for you to call me
Only think of me – I plead
As a hummingbird-maniac.
A hummingbird fanatic.
And I have come
To get you.
Windsor Guadalupe Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hummingbird, I Am A.. by Windsor Guadalupe Jr )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain