one plus one plus one,
equals a socialistic rebellion...
equals their profit margin.
'in God we trust'
stamped on our foreheads...
the Bill Of Rights
lashed into our backs...
another spot on the assembly line,
a pair of boots without a tongue.
another position vacant,
cheap sex without a smoke!
unemployment line, or jail time.
lawyers and well paid judges.
when one plus one plus one,
sets an empty plate on a barren table!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hungry Addition! by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- COPLA 71 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Gnarly Disposition, Electric Lady
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass