one plus one plus one,
equals a socialistic rebellion...
equals their profit margin.
'in God we trust'
stamped on our foreheads...
the Bill Of Rights
lashed into our backs...
another spot on the assembly line,
a pair of boots without a tongue.
another position vacant,
cheap sex without a smoke!
unemployment line, or jail time.
lawyers and well paid judges.
when one plus one plus one,
sets an empty plate on a barren table!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hungry Addition! by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Use Sighin', Edgar Albert Guest
- The Way It Sometimes Is, Henry Splawn Taylor
- The Furnace Door, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Mother Made An Angel Cake, Edgar Albert Guest
- Sunday In Liguria, Radclyffe Hall
- Money, Edgar Albert Guest
- Ironic Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Man I'm For, Edgar Albert Guest
- Independence Day, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Crosstown Breeze, Henry Splawn Taylor