Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Hurry Hurry Spring
Is it spring yet
pestered the daffodils
in shades of yellow delight.
Not yet sighed the crocus
but what a sight you make
faces so bold and bright.
Is it spring
Whispered new grasses
in pale shades of green
Seems each year like
waking to a dream
smelling so clean.
Is it spring
Yelled each impatient tree
I am beginning to bud happily.
Be patient spring whispered
our time will come
spring is a special time for laughter and fun.
I'll let you know just when
So hush now!
In a few more days, spring will have sprung!
Dorothy Alves Holmes
A Poet Who Loves To Sing
5: 45 a.m.EST
March 17,2013 Its Sunday Morning
Just Off The Top of My Head...why not?
Dorothy (Alves) Holmes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hurry Hurry Spring by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(June 8, 1915 – November 19, 2011)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Failure of Communion, Judith Wright
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson