hush little one
we sat down that day,
in the warm sun, on the wavy hills.
We looked around,
and oh what a precious thing
that flower, that small beauty.
You sat there and cried,
for oh what a horrible sight.
But then you calmed, and i spoke to you...
'sweetheart..' i wispered,
'don't cry. calm down, little one.'
The flower died young, yes,
but another will come up in it's place.
It's the way of life, little one, it's the way
things work. Things die but
not in vain. More will come, more will beautify
our world. So Hush, little child, and
hold back your tears. Save them for when they
are truely needed.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (hush little one by Dolan Doran )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock