Chibueze Oscar Osuji
Hymn Of Mr Sinnerman
Dear God, late of me to call Thee
Late of me, but I must,
Thy guidance I seek, grace I see
Uplifting me from dust
Do wash my charcoal heart of hell
With pure heavenly bleach
Till I be made anew as well
As Thy preacher do preach.
My sins be dead as the tombstones,
Sinnerman as I kneel;
Running my arteries and bones
Heavenly grace I feel.
I'd seen Thy nebula and light
In my soul there's the oil
Allegiance as heavenly knight
Farewell being devil's spoil.
My encounter abroad and home
Spread gospel as a saint.
Similitude as Paul in Rome
Sinnerman ne'er shall faint.
Chibueze Oscar Osuji's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn Of Mr Sinnerman by Chibueze Oscar Osuji )
- Waiting too Volunteer, michael walkerjohn
- Embargo all over, hasmukh amathalal
- Time shall, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreamology, Sandra Feldman
- Till last time, hasmukh amathalal
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)