Hymn to Shona
Far away from home
My heart roams beyond Rome
Beyond the Atlantic ocean
Perhaps, for a sole mission
Finally in Wales caught and laid
By the beautiful sight of a maid.
My envious eyes could but gaze
On how Angels sing to her praise
Shona! Shona! They echoe to my ears
Like daffodils sounds when near
Shall I call you a goddes?
Hereupon, serve as serve to thy goddes
Or make you the Heaven Princess?
No! Her majesty's worth is priceless
After all, you transcends heaven in beauty.
If you, as a deity,
Ask for shelter
I shall give you my heart.
For a friend, you deserve better
Not even Michael's hat.
If religion you were,
I would die a martyr
Where will one fine joy
If not on your face?
Shona make me your toy
And feed my eyes whith that face
If only your eyeballs could make me mad
God! Make me more mad
For in those asserting balls
Have I lost my gazing balls
Your teeth teach the sun to shine
Her strings of hair, a godly sign
Far from my back, just 60 feet
A dumb man screams:
Let me worship your feet
For their hid my dreams
Shona, shoot me arrows, if you
Hate or I sinned you
Only but, please, not on the heart.
Nor somewhere heart near
As that is where I you are.
Idris Adesina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hymn to Shona by Idris Adesina )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum
- Psalm 065, Forrest Hainline
- The Village that Wasn't There!, David Lewis Paget
- start eating sushi now, wasabi warriors, Mandolyn Davidson
- Radha, Radha, Radha, You Are My Radha, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE CHILDREN OF GOD, Tom Zart