I am nothing, because God is all,
A truth no one can ever learn too soon,
For I have heard the still, soft, lonely call
Of the only Man Who makes me swoon.
I am everything, because He lives
Inside of me, and yet He died for me,
Because to me His everything He gives,
And I am the only one He can see.
I am nothing, yet am everything!
For Heaven dwells within the human heart,
And Heaven is the reason that we sing;
In Hell, they only belch, and grunt, and fart.
I am you, and you're another me,
The self-same stream that comes from His sweet sea.
Luc Leclaire's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am by Luc Leclaire )
- Summer Time, Sandra Feldman
- AA, Vera Sidhwa
- Hell is dumb and sore throats are stupid., Jena Crowe
- 100 Years of War, Robert Green
- The Dog, Deborah Eker
- Cutting Back Government, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He's right;, george albot
- Dove, Nathan Beery
- Tempestuous Solace, Nathan Beery
- Quiet Emptiness, Ron Baratono
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- gamblers all, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns