I Am A Rock In A Creek
It's hard to tell where i am in life.
in some moments, i am the reason it all exists.
It's as if i am the energy source in which this world uses to turn.
then, in other moments, i am as small and as insignificant
as a leaf- dead, fallen, and swept along into the gutter.
sometimes there are explosions of life in my ears.
Sounds of joy that radiate through my veins so strong
that it makes my heart beat to its hypnotic rhythm.
then, somehow, silence will always carefully and quietly sneak in,
settling itself within the folds of my existence.
it is here, where life becomes large and self becomes trivial,
when time moves around me- instead of taking me with it.
I am a rock in a creek- i do not feel the current.
Stella Andrews's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Rock In A Creek by Stella Andrews )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- season of fall autumn, binod bastola
- Coming to you I said, gajanan mishra
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock