Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Am A Writer Not A Defender Of Fantasies
As a writer I feel I am obligated,
To remain true to the expression I choose.
With an honesty depicted within to reach a point.
A point made I refuse to confuse.
I am 'not' a politician elected by popular vote,
To represent contituents...
Depending that I do that at my best to address.
I know what it is like to be oppressed,
Depressed and subjected to suppression...
By those believing my observations,
Should not offend or distress their delusions...
Kept to censor insights they do not approve.
I am a writer not a defender of fantasies.
To keep my experiences,
And the affect thay have had on me emotionally...
Unaddressed to appease those with concepts they wish,
Left deceived to leave my reality unconfessed.
What then would be the purpose of this gift,
God has blessed me with to express.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Writer Not A Defender Of Fantasies by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey