Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Am A Writer Not A Defender Of Fantasies
As a writer I feel I am obligated,
To remain true to the expression I choose.
With an honesty depicted within to reach a point.
A point made I refuse to confuse.
I am 'not' a politician elected by popular vote,
To represent contituents...
Depending that I do that at my best to address.
I know what it is like to be oppressed,
Depressed and subjected to suppression...
By those believing my observations,
Should not offend or distress their delusions...
Kept to censor insights they do not approve.
I am a writer not a defender of fantasies.
To keep my experiences,
And the affect thay have had on me emotionally...
Unaddressed to appease those with concepts they wish,
Left deceived to leave my reality unconfessed.
What then would be the purpose of this gift,
God has blessed me with to express.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Writer Not A Defender Of Fantasies by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Using Particles Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sentiments And Wilful Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- alright fine, i'll go crazy again, Mandolyn ...
- Pictures Of Fame, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Vaders gaan niet dood, Madrason writer
- Desires Finding Their Places, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Joyful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Last Horizon, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- i want to weigh the moon with you, Mandolyn ...
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak