I am angry!
I am angry at the lack of government in my land,
Angry at the fact that it is been two decades too late to fix things,
Mad at the ignorance of my people,
Outraged at the way my deen is misused,
Disappointed at reality of my beloved country,
Helpless at the young men being recruited,
How many more will be persuaded to kill?
fight their people?
blow up themselves?
How many more mothers have to see the death of their children?
Wasn’t forcing them to beg for shelter elsewhere enough?
Tonight as I read news about Somalia,
More children dying of hunger,
More mothers crying at their misery,
Tears drop…tears drop, and they dropp again
yet another night I sleep with anger, sadness, helplessness and frustration over the conditions my land.
When will we stop preying on Somalia like vultures?
Halima Ahmed's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am angry! by Halima Ahmed )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon