I am angry!
I am angry at the lack of government in my land,
Angry at the fact that it is been two decades too late to fix things,
Mad at the ignorance of my people,
Outraged at the way my deen is misused,
Disappointed at reality of my beloved country,
Helpless at the young men being recruited,
How many more will be persuaded to kill?
fight their people?
blow up themselves?
How many more mothers have to see the death of their children?
Wasn’t forcing them to beg for shelter elsewhere enough?
Tonight as I read news about Somalia,
More children dying of hunger,
More mothers crying at their misery,
Tears drop…tears drop, and they dropp again
yet another night I sleep with anger, sadness, helplessness and frustration over the conditions my land.
When will we stop preying on Somalia like vultures?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am angry! by Halima Ahmed )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Crimes of Mandela, Richard Thripp
- The Rebellion Has Started!, Monk E. Biz
- What Really Matters?, Monk E. Biz
- Abandon Ship! ! !, Monk E. Biz
- Your H0le Is Small~, Monk E. Biz
- One Law To Rule Them All?, Terence G. Craddock
- A Maori Prince Immune From Convictions, Terence G. Craddock
- Step Back!, Monk E. Biz
- Sajak Hening Buat Franky Sahilatua (Indo.., Imam Setiaji Ronoatmojo
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry