I am Beautiful! (Italian (Petrarchan) Sonnet)
In-case you don't know, I am very cute!
Take a good look at my lovely smile,
You’ll have to let your eyes cure for a while,
But you will notice that I speak the truth.
Although my head looks like run-over fruit,
And my skin goes well with a crocodile's,
And Lotion - bathing always proves futile;
I know it's fact that I am very cute!
For every day God calls me beautiful
And when He made me, He said, 'this is good.'
My cracked skin and flat nose are beautiful.
It took a while before I understood,
But standing I can boast, I'm BEAUTIFUL!
And if I feel this way, anyone could.
Copyright © Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Beautiful! (Italian (Petrarchan) Sonnet) by Leslie Alexis )
- Hero Needed, Barbara Dixion
- The Good Spirit, Sandra Feldman
- Don't Let It Be, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- LOVE IS A DELICATE THING, Marcus McKinley
- Beaming Bolts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's only human, Priscilla Stalker
- October...come she will., Roxanne Dubarry
- Fly Away, Gerry Legister
- Good For Nothing (Fun Poem 161), David Harris
- I Went, Vera Sidhwa
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)