I am Beautiful! (Italian (Petrarchan) Sonnet)
In-case you don't know, I am very cute!
Take a good look at my lovely smile,
You’ll have to let your eyes cure for a while,
But you will notice that I speak the truth.
Although my head looks like run-over fruit,
And my skin goes well with a crocodile's,
And Lotion - bathing always proves futile;
I know it's fact that I am very cute!
For every day God calls me beautiful
And when He made me, He said, 'this is good.'
My cracked skin and flat nose are beautiful.
It took a while before I understood,
But standing I can boast, I'm BEAUTIFUL!
And if I feel this way, anyone could.
Copyright © Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I am Beautiful! (Italian (Petrarchan) Sonnet) by Leslie Alexis )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Muddle, Sunny Chopra
- Hell or Heaven, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The Beauty that is Simplicity, Leong Ming Loong
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan