RIC S. BASTASA
.....i am imitating you
.... let me flatter a friend (or is she.... a foe?)
....i am imitating him. Oh i want a color....red?
or......blue? I'll take something else..........green?
how about trees? apple trees for a background.
how about sighs? for some sounds.
how about... yes.....moans.... lots of moans.....
sex? could you?
.....you are bored and old and.....dying? ....are you?
how about cheese? lots of cheese
oh i love fumodoro tomatoes? lots of sauce.
i love being with you.
I love doing things with you inside the room.
Let me have you.
I still have lots of cheese, and tomatoes,
and apple trees, and reds and greens, and...
RIC S. BASTASA's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (.....i am imitating you by RIC S. BASTASA )
Did you read them?
- Independent Soul, Colin Hurley
- With A Sweet Smile, SILVI TRIPATHY
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Sensible Solution, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A TEASPOON SMILE, ANKIT DEDHA
- Learning Human Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sliding Into Imagination, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Nervous Self, You, Lucas Pate
- I Indulge, michael walkerjohn
- Basukinath Temple of Lord Shiva, umaprosad das
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Felicia Dorothea Hemans
(25 September 1793 – 16 May 1835)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)