(brief renderings) Joe Fazio
I Am Man...
I am a man of passion, of conviction, of faith.
I am a man of love, of laughter and of anger.
I am a man of strength, who despairs, who weeps.
I am a man enraged by mans inhumanity to man
and perplexed by He who seems unable to
stop the madness.
I feel, touch, smell, taste and I see the good
in man. In my deepest despair, somehow I
know that all will be right, for I am an eternal
optimist. I am compelled to hope for the
best in humanity.
I weep for those who worship at the alter
of ambition, for they shall leave in their
wake, their children, their loved ones,
millions of orphans of success.
I am man and in my failures and in my
short comings, I continue my utmost
to do His will.
I am the most unique animal in the Kingdom.
I am the most intelligent and I have many faults.
I am all these things and more...for I am man.
© Joe Fazio
(brief renderings) Joe Fazio's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Man... by (brief renderings) Joe Fazio )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR