I Am Not Lost
I let the wind blew mine sail
I ne'er steer, I thought I fail
Mine paperboat has charted course
yet I submit the fleet to wind's inevitable force
In the midst of mine expedition,
The compass broke, the map was burned!
My immediate and firm exclamation:
We are lost! We are lost! There's no return!
Whilst I panic, overthink and am hopeless,
Alas! The ship hits a shoal and was wrecked!
now, I am not just lost but homeless!
Until mine situation I rechecked!
I have not notice a paradise I found
A place of no foreign to me
I have not seen once nor twice
Yet I fitted there perfectly
But mine past and everything I rememory
Will it be lost, forgotten, and spilled for none?
They're stepping stones to mine victory!
I cannot dwell there, my friend.New chapters begun!
It's not a sail with no goal!
nor a steamboat with no coal!
and If all by which I actually learned di'n't cost
more its value, then I am not lost! I am not lost!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Not Lost by Ellirie Aviles )
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)