Christopher John Brennan (1 November 1870 – 5 October 1932 / Sydney / Australia)
I Am Shut Out Of Mine Own Heart
I am shut out of mine own heart
because my love is far from me,
nor in the wonders have I part
read full text »
Poet Other Poems
- An Hour's Respite
- And Does She Still Perceive
- And shall the living waters heed
- Because She Would Ask Me Why I Loved Her
- Black on the Depths
- Come Out, Come Out
- Dawns of the world, how I have known you...
- Deep mists of longing blur the land
- Dies Dominica! the sunshine burns
- Droop'st thou and fail'st? but these hav...
- Each day I see the long ships coming int...
- Epilogue: 1908
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Epilogue: 1908 by Christopher John Brennan )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley