I Came Here By Taxi
I came here by taxi, sir, and someone must pay the fare.
I am sorry ma’am I have no money to spare.
But I came here by taxi, sir, and someone must pay the fare!
Look I don’t know you and so I really don’t care!
But I came here by taxi sir and SOMEONE must pay the fare! !
I know why don’t you find SOMEONE who does care.
But I came here by taxi sir and SOMEONE MUST PAY THE FARE! ! !
Look lady, get back in the taxi and drive away from here.
Funny, that’s what the other five guys said before I came here.
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Came Here By Taxi by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Boy on a swift fence, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- I preach peace, hasmukh amathalal
- हम क्यों ज्यादा आग्रही और हठी है ham kyo, hasmukh amathalal
- Here is to an Endless Musing, James Darwin Smith II
- Puppetry, Naveed Khalid
- Clover, Naveed Khalid
- Me, Tony Adah
- The darkness of depression, Katharine Wonham
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane