I can't help but wait(NENGI)
I can't help but wait...yes like that beautiful kingfisher intending to feed on that fish beneath the sea, i'll hold myself in faith....
Am likely to meet malign thoughts, pseudo friends but still tacturn into there ears, i'm jes but a swain.....zilch shall make me pensive, cause i know am not waiting in vain....
I might along the way on that dusky lawn of hope swoon.....but right there i shall look straight into my friend's radiant eyes and make a promise not to leave thee, yes her the moon....
When you in frazzle yelp....with no blink i shall appear to help....
Nengi i must wait....cause i know at the end you will surely elucidate.....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I can't help but wait(NENGI) by RAPHAEL KARIBO )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Christmas Tree, Mr. Spock
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak