Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Could Do Tears
Ladies and gentlemen,
We are so pleased to announce...
A successful defeating,
Of those we have picked to see fail.
And with your help and best wishes,
It is our hope to undo what we've done...
To mend the lives of those,
We have totally broken to prove with this doing...
An assurance of an empathy,
From this day forward guarantee to be documented.
As a slight adjustment made,
To have created a dint in our greatness...
With a returning of all the hype and pretentiousness.
How does that sound?
'It reeks with sincerity.
Read it again.
This time lose the smile.
I understand it comes from nervousness.
But the audience?
The may perceive something else from it.'
I could do tears.
'Only to drop from one eye.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Could Do Tears by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon
- Marwari Businessman Father-in-law Want I.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Happiness is not preventive., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fatal Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Be a finger of the hand., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- My Typical Village, Bijay Kant Dubey