Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Could Do Tears
Ladies and gentlemen,
We are so pleased to announce...
A successful defeating,
Of those we have picked to see fail.
And with your help and best wishes,
It is our hope to undo what we've done...
To mend the lives of those,
We have totally broken to prove with this doing...
An assurance of an empathy,
From this day forward guarantee to be documented.
As a slight adjustment made,
To have created a dint in our greatness...
With a returning of all the hype and pretentiousness.
How does that sound?
'It reeks with sincerity.
Read it again.
This time lose the smile.
I understand it comes from nervousness.
But the audience?
The may perceive something else from it.'
I could do tears.
'Only to drop from one eye.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Could Do Tears by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Remembering Her Worth, F. J. Thomas
- Tunnels, Mark Arvizu
- Stop, Is It Poetry
- O virgin chic..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- गु बाजिबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- A sense of destiny, Mark Heathcote
- Love Is In The Air, Johnny Goyena
- A knight errant!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I am free to having, gajanan mishra
- Does Anyone Want Beautiful Poems Cried t.., mary douglas