I couldn't take it anymore..
I couldn't take it anymore..
I heard a car, I run and hide
looking at the scar, knowing he knows I lied
I look at my mom, she says 'go to ur room! '
as I sat at the corner, kids my lifes horror
I heard mommy screaming out loud
he came to my room and shout
I tried to hold back the tears
but still he knows my fears
I tried to head for the door
until he grabbed my arm and threw me down the floor
I screamed and cried
thinking 'Oh God I tried! '
my daddys mean and mad, Oh Lord did I do something bad?
I did the laundry, cleaned the dishes, but still I have these bruises
I listened in school, everybody thinks im a fool
he said 'go to bed! dont come out or else ill scream and shout! '
I closed my eyes and began to pray
'Oh God why does this happen every single day? '
I lay in bed, knowing my arms stopped bleeding
I look outside seeing all the happy kids
playing and laughing, enjoying their lifes
they dont know me or daddys mad
I lay back down and knowing i cant frown
im only four and i cant stand this anymore
I heard mommy cry and daddy out the door
he must be gone drinking and my heart stopped racing
my mommy came to my room and said
'Oh darling, look at what he did! '
she took my arm and kissed it
only if my daddy was only this senstive
I said to her 'mommy? can't we move away from daddy? '
but she said no and heard daddys voice
I thought he left out for drinking, then my heart started racing
I was scared and alone, he took her to their room
closed my eyes and said
'DADDY STOP! COME AND GET ME LEAVE MOMMY ALONE! '
he opened the door with mommy on the floor
he said 'what did you said? ! come here you little BRAT! '
and so this is the end,
my name is Carla im four and I couldnt take it anymore
angeline snowboy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I couldn't take it anymore.. by angeline snowboy )
- The Lamentation Of David Over Saul And J.., George Wither
- Thine am I, my faithful Fair, Robert Burns
- The Gowden Locks of Anna, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The Toad-eater, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to Robert Graham, Esq., o.., Robert Burns
- Crazy Cotton Limerick, Philo Yan
- The Calf, Robert Burns
- The Sometime Sportsman Greets the Spring, John Updike
- In The Shadow of Darkness, Adeosun Pelumi
- Mally's meek, Mally's sweet, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Naming of Parts, Henry Reed
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns