I cry myself to sleep
I cry myself to sleep because it's the only thing I can do right,
I avoid you because I would rather be alone,
I dress in black so I can be invisible at night,
I stay out late to avoid the fights that go on at home,
I remain misunderstood because no one wants to understand me,
I play my music loud so no one can hear me cry,
I rebel because no one will let things be,
I make a scene so you will notice if I die,
I cut my wrists so I know I'm not numb,
I sleep in late because I'm afraid of the day,
I don't try because everyone just assumes I'm dumb,
I don't talk because I have nothing to say,
I guess I don't need to be understood, I’ll be alright,
I just need you to leave me alone!
Or I might just crumble out here in the dark
Engulfed in my own darkness! ! !
Nicsbabygirl... Andisen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I cry myself to sleep by Nicsbabygirl... Andisen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Flood, Jose Armando Guzman
- Shadows in the Dark, Darlene Walsh
- Who can be one's bombshell?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Eveningsong, Elizabeth Shield
- Chords Of Remembering, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Composite Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Journal Editors Calling Themselves C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- until we end up in the same tent..., Mandolyn ...
- At First Sight, Elizabeth Shield
- Recognition Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak