Ace Of Black Hearts
I Don't Recognize Him
Ambition is the horse I rode for things that never came.
The foundation of change.
Dreams in a small note book thrown into the fire.
A backpack a little emptier.
Weight shouldered for way too long.
Voices in my head asking me was it really worth it.
A shadows dismay.
Fortunes shine even in a clouded ray.
Breaking it all down.
Walking through a mirror backwards.
Reflections that consume.
Not part of upcoming story.
Faces no longer recognized.
A stranger in my own body.
Who is that guy.
Not me, not me.
Unending declarations with so little clarity.
The fog never lifts.
Choking on illusion that is not even mine.
Invaders of the mind.
The medication does not solve this disorientation.
Balance lost by the ear or foot?
Perspective in the form astral projection.
Look down on the inner being.
How can this be?
The man I never wanted to be.
But still here I am.
Squandered, minuscule, minute.
Raising my imaginary glass.
Cheers to the castration.
Criticizing every decision I make.
Oxygen fed through the tube straight into my mouth.
I just need to breath.
For a moment.
Only for a moment.
This is the disclosure of all eventualities.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don't Recognize Him by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)