I Feel Grateful Another Day I've Lived To See
Though my worth as a writer I often do doubt
There are no shortage of things for one to write about
The birds in the Parkland just across the way
Are chirping and whistling for to greet the new day.
Though eventually the Reaper will catch up with me
I feel grateful another day I've lived to see
The sun o'er the hill like a giant ball rise red
It looks very like a warm day is ahead.
The one I have loved since I was a young boy
The beauty of Nature for all to enjoy
The silver billed magpies songsters of renown
Their flute like notes echoing in the park of the town.
As a writer even minor fame I have not known
And the rhymes I do pen I can claim as my own
Though with everyone them I would like to share
Still I'm not a poet and poets are rare.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Feel Grateful Another Day I've Lived To See by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- If Live With Me, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Having Been Blinded, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- When is tomorrow, Victor Cruickshank
- This Special Gift, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sonnet.3. Our Home, Valsa George
- Dreaming Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Perfection is unattainable, Victor Cruickshank
- Sorry I came but I must come, Victor Cruickshank
- Accepting You, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- No Survivors, Victor Cruickshank