I fell but I am rising
Flashes blink bright as they flicker against my eyes,
It’s like an illusion that is meant to intentionally illustrate something
My vision Is almost unclear,
To me…It feels like a warning… oh well, I fell but I am rising.
I fell hard on this dusted ground with gravel stones that poked me,
As I stained myself and wore dirt that ‘’could’’ get cleaned.
Bruised, hurt, drained, well all I needed was courage…
I desperately longed for that boost coz it isn’t easy to rise when you’ve fallen hard.
Eish! ! Yes others exclaimed!
But the inner, me held on to a good sign,
A beat that pumped in my heart while my enthusiastic nature of brain released solid ideas that made me want to get a move on.
You see a few humps could hurt me, but I knew it wasn’t over,
I saw this as a setback that would automatically pave way for me to escalate into higher dimension.
Others moved ahead of me,
Others giggled along flagging a blunt expression of their heartlessness.
But deep in that inner, yet silent voice I said:
Better not rejoice as yet for it can never be over before the most High, my Creator says it’s over.
How did I end up here, I recalled…
When things moved smoothly I was surrounded by a bunch of hypocrites, whom I thought were good people,
They all stung on me comfortably like bees in their hive,
Yet when I was down, my surrounding was clear.
Not a new thing, I thought… but this time…
That sudden heavy heart ache persisted,
I felt like I needed a cooler from the heat that boiled from within releasing a pool of sweat,
Felt like shutting my ears as I couldn’t ignore the blabber behind my back that was ‘all about my downfall’. Hmmmm
It’s ok… I consoled,
Because staying down and feeling sorry for myself would never wipe away reality.
So … Baby steps, yes I moved like a tortes, almost like a hard shell covered me because my mission was for my victory to strike like a heat ball so they wouldn’t know it’s coming.
As I got closer…
I switched to full speed, as I hit like a volcano with no signal,
With clear intensions,
I was reclaiming my possessions! , I stood up and became what I was meant to be,
A winner! Yep, after miles and miles of bumpy roads,
I victoriously made my end.
You see…It had to start with me,
With the limited options I had, I decided to do me! ! !
I didn’t moan about life and the constant occurring of the unexpected because this unforgettable journey swung me to a wide road to discovery,
And guess what I found? :
In this life there’s Me, Me and Me.
And all I’ll ever battle with is Me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I fell but I am rising by Zandi Wardle )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(18 September 1906 - 18 September 1995)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Believe In Yourself, Ronell Warren Alman
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- "க்ரிஸ்து" என்ற ஒரு ஜோதி!, Subbaraman N V
- PIOUS WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN*, Subbaraman N V
- Pschology 101 (I), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A Dancer's Life, Donald Justice
- What Christmas for Them..........?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I Know You Are There, Orlando Belo
- Dior-Ets, The Body Mass of Death..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Glimpsing Silverstein's Truth, Merton Lee
- A Christmas Wish of A Lifetime..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Unseen, Self-Empathizing Mirrors, Merton Lee