I Found You
After a thousand nights.
Under scattered fairy lights
Once hung upon a wish.
With a prayer
One swish of that chestnut hair
Like a sword
Through the summer air,
To pierce my heart.
And leave it there
That once was two.
I found you
After a million tears.
Sincerity for years.
Chasing a magic dart
From the Gods.
And then tsunami
Of the heart.
Would I survive?
But for her promise
From the valley of love.
All that above
That would shine.
Now she is mine.
And what once was one
Beats in sync
As the moon
Because I found you.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Found You by Kevin East )
- Lay Me Down, Myrtle Thomas
- Dessert Deluge ..... [ 'just' DESSERTS,.., Bri Edwards
- Standard asset, gajanan mishra
- AnyThing In ReTurn, Kewayne Wadley
- If all we know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)