Danny The Dreamer Boyd
I Hang Around
I hang around because I don't,
Have yet the strength to leave;
I hang around and it's so hard,
To hang around and grieve.
I hang around because right here:
I laughed, and loved, and slept;
But all seem now to disappear:
So I hang with who've wept.
I hang around, yet keep in mind:
That I can't hang for long;
I hang in hope to someday find:
The guts to end this song.
I hang around and fake a smile:
To hide how hard it is,
To hang around to just beguile:
A harsh life of unease!
I hang around, I hang around,
I hang around all day,
And when the time does come to go:
I hang some more and pray.
I pray that when around again
I hang, that time's the last:
So I could finally begin,
To, oh, part with the past!
I hang around for one last time,
And bid before I go,
All those who were once close to me:
A mildly fair adieu.
Danny The Dreamer Boyd's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Hang Around by Danny The Dreamer Boyd )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- my friend my foundation, Emmanuel chibuike
- A Woman, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I'm Glad That Miracle is You (Kyrielle P.., Cynthia BuhainBaello
- My Place, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Portrait of Life (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Anxiety, Aydia Thompson
- Words (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Rocking chair, Emmanuel chibuike
- Riverside (Cinquain), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Demure (Ottava Rima Poem), Cynthia BuhainBaello