I Have A Time
I have a time too straightforward,
My opinions materialise afterwards
And shake the heads of people altogether
Like burning hay in the wind.
I have a burning way, I have a heavenly sanity
Reaching us from within, like the brandishing
Of blame, inside the rectified whole.
A wily man restores my health, his doctor hood
Is the medusa of ugliness,
Straightening the ranks of gold
Little by little.
I have to be against your surprise,
My forms are golden in some sense.
These satisfactory psalms obey me,
Those wretched auctions are contemplated
Inside the brain of tomorrow.
A burn has left a stain,
Much derision awaits the leader,
Feeding freedom that fits
Like a crown on a king’s head.
So that he is appointed and mastered
By the court of distinctions,
Lesser men watch and listen
To the straight laws passed
After the charity is asked.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Have A Time by Naveed Akram )
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)