I have become more than Myself
I am not this one that lives inside of me
I am something more
I am the taste of all my lovers
I am their touch smudged on my skin
I am their promises,
(but they were true when they were made)
And I am my own broken promises,
to myself and to them
I am the love and the hate that I lived
My fears, my disappointments
all I ever tasted
everything that brushed against my skin
sometimes with thorns, sometimes with tenderness
I have even become the Lovers themselves!
I am their scent, their warm breath
their sigh, their explosion.
I am their sadness when they saw me leave
and my gulp when I left.
And I am their lovers after me
and their lovers before we met!
I am not just that one that lives inside of me,
I am all of my lovers
and they are Myself
And I take all this with me when I die one day
I don't die whole
I leave pieces of me with them
Alina Gavrila's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I have become more than Myself by Alina Gavrila )
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Sharada Kuchibhotla
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid
- Ode To Love II, Naveed Khalid