I have changed the numbers on my watch
I have changed the numbers on my watch,
And now perhaps something else will change.
At precisely 2a.m.
You will not get up
And gathering your things together
Perhaps now you will find it is
Far too early to go,
Or far too late,
And stay forever
Brian Patten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I have changed the numbers on my watch by Brian Patten )
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Mulberry, Naveed Khalid
- Harvesting, Naveed Khalid
- Weeping Widows, Suzy Kassem
- Immortality, Naveed Khalid
- Hamstead, Naveed Khalid
- The Little Prince, Naveed Khalid
- The Scribe, Suzy Kassem
- I Too, Sing Poetry., Abekah Emmanuel
- Guide, Don't Misguide Me, Aftab Alam