I Have To
It does not matter what I dream
Or what I feel.
All that matters is
What I say and what I do
For and to
And with you.
I can tell myself I love you
And feel I'll do it all for you,
But will that bring me any closer to you?
It does not.
I bought a wish bracelet,
I tied it around my wrist,
I wore it until the paint left the beads
And until the little string broke.
It seems there's been a difference,
But I have to make my wish come true.
A wish bracelet won't grant my unto me my desire,
My dreams will never put me where I want to be.
Not wishing or dreaming, not hoping, nor will writing get me anything.
I have to go to you myself,
I have to make my wish come true,
I have to.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Have To by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Writing For A Living Echoing Life Drama, Terence G. Craddock
- Tomorrow's Wager, Ritika Abigail
- All I Want..., Ritika Abigail
- *Where is Death? *, C. P. Sharma
- Oh! Palestine, Aminath Neena
- Questions Of The Dark..., Ritika Abigail
- Writing Written Classic Plot Our Lives, Terence G. Craddock
- Stripper Tit, Richard Thripp
- From Eed - aRe yOU. rEaLy. still DrOniNg.., sEaN nOrTh
- A Matter Of Words, Of Muses And Other Ghosts