I just don't want you losing
My brother said he's found a real job
an old time labour job.
in the present time quagmire of customer relations.
My brother goes in for the eight hour day in the bowels of the Oregonian newspaper.
He sits at his perch on the mechanical grimacing monster which carries the paper to him, then he proceeds to insert advertisements for the corporate markets the city events...
Heis afraid to get hepatitis on the ancient conveyer belt turgid with white printed papers
but takes great pride in his work.
I always say 'hey Josh you ever want to put vanguard propaganda and pamphlets instead of corporate inserts raise public awareness and consciousness? rally and picket strike and all that comes with that type of nostalgia? '
' why should i complain I get paid more than minimum wage. and besides this is a different time'
' It may be a different time but the system is still the same just more covert its a new generation brains on the assembly line ignorant of the true civil war still being fought today under different paradigm'
: that has nothing to do with me I go in make money and get back to my life'
' I just don't want you losing an arm to the machine it would only be a paper cut on the finger of production it will heal'
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I just don't want you losing by jerome moore )
- A. A. Anzarannii As An Indian English Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- From My List of Annoyances, Jeff Gangwer
- When A Flower Glooms, Eshan Gupta
- A Wealth, Like Truth, Jeff Gangwer
- "If I believed in your heaven...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
- Resignation, Jeff Gangwer
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #7, Brian Johnston
- Why Did You, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Lost Shores, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- "Be careful...", Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)