I kissed You in a Dream Poem by Bruce Schwab
I kissed you in a dream last night.
The world stopped turning as our lips lingered,
the universe held in my arms burning.
Through closed eyes a sky full of stars
a meteor pierces our hearts, streaking.
You kissed me in a dream last night.
Birds sang, bells rang, Venus smiled down upon us.
Full moon bursting my heart takes flight.
each to each embraced by the night,
and gentle love rains down all around us.
Waking, your kiss still clings to my lips
sweet morning dew too long has been missed.
Then morning sun filters in and the songbird
takes flight, flying away in the mist
with the joy that my dream sang of last night.
Bruce Schwab 6/22/08
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I kissed You in a Dream by Bruce Schwab )
Still I Rise
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(01 January 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Easter Eggley, John Hegley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Dulce et Decorum Est, Wilfred Owen
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost