I lie for others.
I lie to make myself feel better.
I lie to make others feel better.
I lie to take the fall for someone.
I lie so it can seem as though it is right.
I lie, knowing the consequences.
But most of all,
I lie to spare myself the pain I feel.
Wayne Young's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Lie by Wayne Young )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Last Word, Tom Sleigh
- She walks, Nassy Fesharaki
- Novel, Nassy Fesharaki
- These Hands, Mitta Xinindlu
- The Animals in the Zoo Don't Seem Worried, Tom Sleigh
- The Advance, Tom Sleigh
- A March By A Stage, Agboyi Felix
- Stranding, Tom Sleigh
- Son, You Always Had A Dad, Dexsta Ray
- Song That Can Only Be Sung Once, Tom Sleigh