I Like The Word 'Love.'
I like the word 'love' not because it is simple to spell
But because it cuts across the poor and those who live well
It makes you walk pass a street without fear of danger
It makes you feel welcomed even when you're a stranger
It makes the world a safe and better place to live
It tells you that you might hate apples, but you just have to let them be.
I like the word 'love' not just because it makes me hug my pillow
But because it does not only take away my sorrow
And when the world disappoints me, it isn't just the word that I seek
It is my answer to the question about 'the world peace'
It is the reason I'm free
So let's embrace it please!
I like the word 'love' not because it is soft
But because it can get a great deal of problems solved
It tells me that she is short, but the one in my heart
She is ugly, but nothing can tear us apart
She is black, and she is my wife
She is white, and she is my life.
I like the word 'love' not just because of the way it makes my heart beat
But because of the way it makes me think
It tells me that she is older, but I love her like blazes
He is not my child, but I love him like crazy
She is from a different tribe, but she is my queen
He is poor, but he is my king.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Like The Word 'Love.' by Freewill Amon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- trepidation, Laura Milner
- Yes September, gajanan mishra
- A RAINING AFTER DROUGHT, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Illuminating, Mark Heathcote
- Over looking choice, Jessica Dehn
- The Wine Effect, I Am Krakatoa
- Light Foot xx xxx xx Original 12 28.., Lee Mack
- changing the world, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Worrdless Man xx xxx xx Original 12 .., Lee Mack
- Not seeing sweet Sweetie is impossible!, Nyota Yasulwe