I Like To Think
On the occasion, I like to think someone is in love with me.
That, that awkward stage, hasn't been my LIFE.
That happily ever after doesn't just apply to Disney movies, for there'd have to be a forever for that to exist
On the occasion, I like to think there is more
That this place I'm in now cannot possibly be IT for me
That I couldn't have spent my childhood wishing for THIS
That I am not 25 and sadly, still using 'when I grow up'
On the occasion, I like to think I can see into the future
That this limbo period soon ends
That I have the 'this' and 'it' I dreamt of what seems like so long ago
And.....that sometimes, Disney knew what they were talking about
On the occasion I want to scream at the top of my lungs because I know what I like to think is far from reality
That Disney is wrong and there is no forever, that this...really is IT, and I am grown up.
simply here's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Like To Think by simply here )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- tics, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Throwback Stances, Lawrence S. Pertillar