I like you a lot
There is something I have to tell you,
for a minute if you listen I shall tell you.
You seem to be like me it is true,
that is why I like you.
Whenever you come to meet me,
thoughtful and quiet you seem to be.
You talk to me as if you are slightly crazy,
that is why I like you, you see.
You come to see me in peak summer hours,
smiling to yourself thinking something about us.
You seem to be shy like me perhaps,
that is why i like you, you I trust.
Perhaps you are apprehensive of what I might say,
may be thats the reason of talking and stopping mid way.
the truth I must tell you today,
that is why I like you a lot, I have to say.
renu kakkar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I like you a lot by renu kakkar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael
- Night Sonnet, Novica Tadić
- Asperger's is not a curse - it is just a.., Richard Allen Beevor