I Live As A Shadow
Cut I do, not the sides of paper.
Nor do I attempt the use of
I cut needles into my veins.
I smack my tears below my eyes.
I taste every single hurtful cry.
I walk among the dead.
They are alive with death.
I live as a shadow.
I live inside death as my shade.
I see the tree hanging with a rope.
You only want to feel loved.
I scream but not to the clouds above.
My shouts are meant for me.
My curse is nailed to my cross.
Hammered by the stone I use as a coffin.
I listen to witches whistle.
I wish for the witch which witch.
I am cloned by my shadow.
I walk backwards in her flaming footprints.
Grey blood bleeds while I paint the portrait.
The picture displays a window.
I stare into a broken mirror.
My face is cracked.
I have cracks in my face.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Live As A Shadow by Unic Cjonr )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal