I Lost A Lovely Dream
Oh, somewhere in the deep, dark night,
I lost a lovely dream -
It drifted through my sleeping hours,
Just like a sparkling stream.
It left an imprint on my mind,
That I will ne’er forget -
Such was the beauty of its form,
Upon my heart now set.
I’ve searched within my memory,
This dream to now recall -
But only shadows linger there,
It’s gone, once and for all.
It melted into vapoured clouds,
Then floated far away –
Becoming just an image lost,
As night turned into day.
I know my dream was beautiful,
It filled my heart with glee -
Oh, that I could recall it now,
It was so lov-el-y.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Lost A Lovely Dream by Valerie Dohren )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Peter S. Quinn
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Bull, Ralph Hodgson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
Poem of the Day
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver
- Suckling, Saiom Shriver
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Sestina', Merton Lee