I Lost A Lovely Dream
Oh, somewhere in the deep, dark night,
I lost a lovely dream -
It drifted through my sleeping hours,
Just like a sparkling stream.
It left an imprint on my mind,
That I will ne’er forget -
Such was the beauty of its form,
Upon my heart now set.
I’ve searched within my memory,
This dream to now recall -
But only shadows linger there,
It’s gone, once and for all.
It melted into vapoured clouds,
Then floated far away –
Becoming just an image lost,
As night turned into day.
I know my dream was beautiful,
It filled my heart with glee -
Oh, that I could recall it now,
It was so lov-el-y.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Lost A Lovely Dream by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Ah, money!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- We shall overcome someday, Vidura Prabhath
- Jadavpur University Campus And The Lefti.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Excellence, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Chains, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- New Dawn, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Stolen Ancient Landmark, Sir Toby
- The Book O' Life, Sir Toby
- Performing To Do Well, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Wear a Cons Smile, Kevin Patrick
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)