Sean Joyce (17 April Everyear / Galway, Ireland)
I’m first, your 2nd, Beethoven’s 5th
Fiddles to the left
and the feral goat
fiddles to the right
from the men in the boat
Drinks to the left
And wave the red flag
The same to the right
And we’ll all have a drag
Food to the left
food to the right
We’ll be here all day
in the middle of the night
I’m first, your 2nd
and I’m going home
Have you got a lift? No?
I’ll dropp you off at the cross
But not a word about, you know...
‘course not, d’ya think I’m an ejit
Sean Joyce's Other Poems
- 1 2 3 4 wait a while and I'll write some...
- A Country Road (Everybody has one)
- A New Zealand Beach
- A one sided conversation between friends
- A Painted God (Based on a true story)
- A Pantoum in the New Zealand Bush
- A Poem Knows More Than It Says
- A rainbow morphs to a gothic arch a cert...
- A ring of expletives around my head goin...
- A Ruthless View
- A Smiling Child on a Clattering Tram
- A smiling child on a clattering tram, lo...
- About Hungry Children and Land Mines
- Afterwards, when the spaces were empty t...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.