I'm Not Brave Or Known For Courage
I'm not brave or known for courage I am allergic to fear
Of the violent and aggressive I am happy to stay clear
And far too many violent people in the World of today
Who don't respect the rights of others that does seem quite sad to say.
The living life form that I fear most happens to be my fellow man
Of those known to be violent I avoid them if I can
Even on their best behaviour bullies they have darkness of the soul
And one must say they are quite dangerous when they are out of control.
I'm not brave or known for courage just your average ageing bloke
And I like being with laid back people those who like to tell a joke
These to me are feel good people they are nice to get to know
Acquaintances with their sort into friendships do grow.
One known for to be violent could never be my friend
I see their type as control freaks of that I won't pretend
I like the easy going sort power over others they don't need
Not hard to get along with and quite likeable indeed.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm Not Brave Or Known For Courage by Francis Duggan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp