Linda Marie Van Tassell
I Open A Vein And Rain
Leaves begin their slow descent,
scattered between pages of blue and green,
while others cling to a life they can no longer live.
I feed the fire and see what I have seen –
his sweet smile smiling - and I can easily forgive
this unrelenting torment.
I close my eyes to listen,
and I can hear his laughter in the rain.
He will never know how much I loved to hear him laugh!
An echo, and I hear him laugh again!
It’s funny how the mind becomes the heart’s telegraph,
beguiling tears to glisten.
I embrace a silent world,
whose breath is but a whisper of his name,
and bleed into greener days when I danced in the sun.
I know that things will never be the same.
For me, he was and ever will be the only one,
my little love flag unfurled.
I will never love again.
Under a slab of stone, I’ll love him still.
Have no doubt of the earnestness of this narrative!
When the sun sets over the frozen hill
and others cling to a life they can no longer live,
I open a vein and rain.
Linda Marie Van Tassell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Open A Vein And Rain by Linda Marie Van Tassell )
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just A Character, Felicia Manning
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)