I reached deep into a pocket.........
I reached deep into a pocket of words and assembled
you in perfect shape
eyes and lips and slender shoulder neatly placed
in exact position and then I kissed you
to breathe life back into me.
As each part moved in exact rhythm
ticking with precision I realised
that we made each other as a reflection
of a dream that was embossed with gold lettering.
Whenever the batteries ran low
I asked for your pulse and you willingly
shared power, and sprinkled it with laughter
and wonder and words of endearment
until I became so used to each single poem
in your repertoire of symbolic dialects.
Two seasons later we know
that clockwork emotions roll and tumble
with the same words that created
love between us.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved,8 days ago
- See more at: http: //allpoetry.com/poem/11585814-I-reached-deep-into -a-pocket.........-by-Marshall-Gass#sthash.s4ECNw Vy.dpuf
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I reached deep into a pocket......... by Marshall Gass )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson