I reached deep into a pocket.........
I reached deep into a pocket of words and assembled
you in perfect shape
eyes and lips and slender shoulder neatly placed
in exact position and then I kissed you
to breathe life back into me.
As each part moved in exact rhythm
ticking with precision I realised
that we made each other as a reflection
of a dream that was embossed with gold lettering.
Whenever the batteries ran low
I asked for your pulse and you willingly
shared power, and sprinkled it with laughter
and wonder and words of endearment
until I became so used to each single poem
in your repertoire of symbolic dialects.
Two seasons later we know
that clockwork emotions roll and tumble
with the same words that created
love between us.
© Marshall Gass. All rights reserved,8 days ago
- See more at: http: //allpoetry.com/poem/11585814-I-reached-deep-into -a-pocket.........-by-Marshall-Gass#sthash.s4ECNw Vy.dpuf
Marshall Gass's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I reached deep into a pocket......... by Marshall Gass )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Εntity, Elena Ioannou
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque